At the beginning of the summer, I posted my summertime to-do list. I don’t know if this is your experience of not, but summer always flies by and before I know it, it is time for school to start up again!
Some of the highlights from my summer included —
- Beach trips! ~ There is something marvelous about sitting on the beach or wading in the ocean, feeling the salty air in your hair. It’s one of my favorite experiences ever!
- Camping ~ Does it seem to you that whenever you want to go camping, it’s either rainy or cold? Day 1 of my camping experience resulted in rain, but it managed to clear up by day 2, making it a beautiful weekend for exploring God’s creation.
- Vacations ~ I love going to different places whether it is to visit friends, field trip, or just relaxing! This summer, my family went out to Indiana for a family reunion and we also made a pit-stop is Pittsburgh! 🙂
But at the end of summer comes school and how is one to drastically shift paces and adjust to a different life-style?
Here’s some tips to help you get back into the school swing:
- Develop a Schedule – Know when you have to do school and when it’s time to have “fun.” You should always plan a little fun during the school year to keep your mind focused. Because you have a schedule, you know when it’s “school-time” and “down-time.
- Stay Rested – As tempting as it may be to stay up late and wake up early every night/day, it is important to get enough sleep so that your mind stays alert. If you run on not enough sleep, it may be hard to do the best that you can do when doing homework.
- Spend Time with your Family – Even though you are busy with school and hanging out with friends, spending time with your family is so important! They are your biggest supporters and will always be there to encourage you, so it’s important to show them that you care about them too. Help your mom with the dishes one night before going out for ice cream with your friends! The joy that comes with it is so worth it!
Do you have any back-to-school tips? Share in the comments!