Earlier this summer, I had the amazing opportunity to go on a study aboard trip with my college. I would definitely recommend traveling abroad sometime during your life — it is such an amazing experience!
So where was my travel destination? A little island that now holds a big place in my heart – Ireland.
Destination: Ireland #RachelsTravelAdventures Click To Tweet
I spent 10 days in Ireland and let me say, we did so much! During those 10 days, we went to Dublin, Belfast, and Cork. I met some lifelong friends on the trip, plus memories to last me forever!
- Book of Kells & Trinity Library: The book of Kells is an ornately decorated copy of the four Gospels in Latin. Then upstairs in the Long Room at Trinity College, there are over 200,000 books! A reader’s dream!
- Howth Head: A beautiful coastal port on the East side of Ireland!
- Titanic Museum in Belfast: This a place that I was so excited to see! The research wheels in my mind couldn’t stop spinning! This is the place where the Titanic was built.
- Giant’s Causeway: In Northern Ireland, this causeway is a result of volcanic eruption. The ocean was just so blue and clear! Overall, our weather was basically perfect!
- Cliffs of Moher: This was an extra excursion on the schedule and was on my top things to see in Ireland! The majestic splendor of these cliffs was beautiful as we looked over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Blarney Castle: I kissed the Blarney stone! Folklore says that if you kiss the stone, you will be granted the gift of eloquence. 🙂 This castle is located on the south end of Ireland in Cork. It was really neat that we were able to go to all ends of Ireland and it look us roughly 3-4 hours to get to each point!
That’s just some of my favorite memories! Have you ever traveled abroad? If not, where is one place you’ve always wanted to go?